Monday, September 12, 2011

Pillowcase Skirt

For a dollar and some thread you can make a cute and comfy summer skirt!
Talk about a cute and cheap "upcycle" possibility.  After finding this project idea on another website months ago I decided to give it a shot myself. For 99 cents each I found a few pillowcases on consignment.  I cut the top of one to see if it would fit me but was disappointed so, determined to do the project and get it worn, I invited a friend to be the recipient of the future humble creation.  Knowing who it was for also let me make it to the right measurements as well.

It was so simple I thought I would put up a template on how to do it on my "Humble How To" page.  Coming soon so check back!

For now though, the before and after...

BEFORE
All I added was thread (and an optional 10in of elastic)


AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment