Thursday, December 15, 2011

Retro Recycle - Apron

Made an apron by tracing an apron I liked onto some fabric that had been gifted to me (used to be curtains, yay for free fabric!).  I did buy some green bias tape, pink material for the ties and some light polka dot green for a ruffle near the top.  I wanted to try making a ruffle and this apron needed a little something. 

My friend who had the idea for the material was the recipient of the apron.

From this
To this!

There's enough material left over to use for quite a few projects, perhaps a few more aprons?

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice! Glad the fabric worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your site! This apron is adorable :) It turned out so great. My daughter has been asking for "oven puppets"- (aka oven mitts) for Christmas and I'm sure she'd love an apron to go with them. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete